The Cuisinart 77-11G Chef’s Classic Stainless 11-Piece Cookware Set is like the name suggests based on a classic design. Let’s take an in depth look at the 77-11G in this review.
The Cuisinart 77-11G Chef’s Classic Stainless 11-Piece Cookware Set was inspired by the classic French kitchens as they looked around 30 years ago. It was around this time when Cuisinart began producing professional cookware, using the finest materials required to cook food according to all of the classic cooking techniques.
The Cuisinart 77-11G Chef’s Classic Stainless 11-Piece Cookware Set was designed to help people recreate the experience of fine dining and enjoying the good life right at home with family and friends, with a cooking set designed to last a time and cook food to delicious perfection. Plus the benefits of stainless steel.
The Cuisinart 77-11G Chef’s Classic Stainless 11-Piece Cookware Set is not just a piece of cookware designed to be replaced after a few years, it is an investment that is designed to last as long as you want it to. If provides superior heat conductivity plus even heat distribution thanks to its aluminum encapsulated base.
All you need to do to ensure years of reliable service is to care for your cookware properly, and you even get a leaflet with your cookware set showing you exactly how to do this.
The Cuisinart 77-11G Chef’s Classic Stainless 11-Piece Cookware Set enables you to cook several dishes simultaneously in large and small portions.
Features of the Cuisinart 77-11G Chef’s Classic Stainless 11-Piece Cookware Set:
- Classic cookware made of mirror finish stainless steel
- 8 inch and 10 inch skillets – perfect sizes for browning and frying
- 1.5 quart and 2.5-quart covered saucepans
- 3 quart sauté pan with cover. Its high straight sides with flat cooking surface of the sauté maximize capacity. Perfect for searing meats, poultry and other food types. Use the cover to simmer the food for perfect finish.
- 8 quart stockpot with glass cover
- 18 cm steamer insert
- Solid, riveted cool grip handles for ease of handling and sturdiness.
- Aluminum in base for quick and evenly spread heating
- Safe for dishwasher, freezer, broiler, and oven to 500 degrees F
- Superior cooking surface that does not color or react with food, or alter food flavors
- Tight fitting flavor lock covers to seal in your food flavors, nutrients and moisture
- Drip free pouring via tapered rims to allow you to pour out your food easily and cleanly
- Riveted solid stainless steel handles that stay cool on the stove top.
Cuisinart 77-11G vs Cuisinart MCP-12N Multiclad Pro
You may be wondering what Is the difference between the 77-11G and the MCP-12N. Well other than the price difference and the MCP-12 having 12 pieces in the set as opposed to the 11 pieces in the 77-11G, the most significant difference is in the build of the pieces.
The MCP-12 has Heat Surround Technology which employs a Triple-Ply Construction that provides an aluminum core throughout the pan for even heat distribution throughout, whereas the 77-11G only has an aluminum core at the bottom of the pan.
Cuisinart 77-11G vs Cuisinart 77-10
The Cusinart 77-10 was the predecessor model to the the 11G. There are a few differences between the Cusinart 77-10 and the new 77-11G successor.
The 77-11G has up updated modern design, including riveted handles designed to stay cool on the stove top, making handling the cookware safer, sturdier and more convenient.
The other main difference is that you now have 1 extra piece in the set in the form of an 18cm steamer insert.
However the sizes of a few of the pieces are slightly smaller. This will not be a big deal for most people, but if it is, or you’d prefer the older set, at the time of writing it’s still available to buy on Amazon, as are it’s 7 and 17 piece counterparts.
Any Negatives With the Cuisinart 77-11G?
Apart from the lack of aluminum core throughout the pans that is featured in the pricier Cuisinart MCP-12N MultiClad Pro Stainless Steel 12-Piece Cookware Set, there are a few other things that customers were not impressed by with this cookware set.
A number of customers found that the cookware did burn or stain and were not impressed by Cuisinart’s returns policy of “analyzing” returned products to judge whether they believe the problem is due to faulty workmanship, or an issue caused by the way the customer was using the cookware.
Additionally, some customers were not happy that not only do that have to pay to return the product, but they also had to pay a fee for the products to be returned – and of course, the product may end up being returned without being fixed or replaced at all.
It is worth noting that the number of unhappy customers is far lower with the MCP-12N, suggesting that if you can afford it, it may be better to just go straight for the top of the range MCP-12N model.
That said, most customers were delighted with their 77-11G purchase for the money paid for it.
Cuisinart 77-11G Chef’s Classic Stainless 11-Piece Cookware Set Verdict
The 77-11G is a great cookware set for most people that cooks well and is simple to use and handle.The Chef’s Classic is also available in a 14 piece set options if you want more pieces than the 11 piece set. At the time of writing you can also still buy the older design in 7, 10, and 17 piece sets.
However, the Chef’s Classic is not the best stainless steel cookware in the Cuisinart range, so get it only if you are looking for a quality budget set.
If your budget can stretch a bit further, buying the superior Cuisinart MCP-12N is our recommendation. It has heavier and higher quality construction which is strongly reflected with very high customer ratings and positive reviews.
You can also read about and compare the full range of Cuisinart stainless steel cookware sets in our Cuisinart Stainless Steel Cookware Reviews.
1 used from $129.99
- Mirror finish. Classic looks, professional performance and induction-ready
- Aluminum encapsulated base heats quickly and spreads heat evenly. Eliminates hot spots.
- Stainless steel cooking surface does not discolor, react with food or alter flavors
- Measurement markings for ease of use. Tempered glass covers break-resistant glass covers allow you to monitor food while it is cooking without losing heat or food flavors